Monday, November 21, 2011

Can I use my shampoo on my dog?

I was wondering if i could use my regular shampoo like herbal essences or head and shoulders on my dog just to wash her. Cuz i dont get whats the difference between dog shampoo and regular shampoo. Do vets just say to use dog shampoo because they recommend it or can using human shampoo really harm my dog?Can I use my shampoo on my dog?
Head %26amp; Shoulders and other medicated shampoos may be a bit severe. I'd pass on it unless your dog has skin and coat problems. But a general shampoo is fine. I stopped buying dog shampoo a long time ago. We use our 'good stuff' on our dogs ....shampoo and conditioner. Does a better job and lasts a lot longer. Most dog shampoo is pretty cheap stuff.





Add: Any shampoo will lessen the effectiveness of flea treatments. We always bathe the dogs a day or two before we apply the stuff so there's no problem.Can I use my shampoo on my dog?
Human shampoo can be very harsh to your dog and give the dry itchy skin. You can wash your dog with dawn dishsoap, or pert plus i know that. You could even try baby shampoo since its so gentle. Those should only be a one time thing though, you should really get a dog shampoo.
No you can't.





Human shampoo is made for humans %26amp; has different ph %26amp; soap/foaming based chemicals that pet shampoos do not have. Just pet shampoo, most are as cheap as human shampoos with less risk to pet having a bad reaction to chemicals or fragrances.
Omg.. some of your answers are severely lacking in mental capacity. ITS THE SAME THING. Yea some will be harsher.. some are harsher on people too. Vets just want you to spend the extra 5 bucks! Ive used anything I had on hand for 14 yrs its fine! Geez!
Yea, you can use your shampoo on your dog. I think the difference is that dog shampoo gets rid of ticks and fleas and helps protect their coat and make it shiny. My aunt uses Aussie on her dog all the time .
Generally human shampoo is harsher on the dog's skin than ';dog'; shampoo. Also, if you use Frontline, using anything but mild dog shampoo will strip it off their skin and you've wasted your money on the flea preventative.
I don't think you should use human shampoo on dogs because i think if you use regular shampoo on a dog, it will lose its fur or something.
yes human shampoo has ingredients that most dogs and cats cant have. using ur shampoo could seriously harm ur dog. i use a dog brand shampoo i got at coco's vet.
I think it would sting their eyes. My vet recommends Dawn dish soap.


They use it on animals stuck in oil spills, so it's pretty gentle on your pet.
No--use dog shampoo.


But, my vet said head and Shoulders was okay to use .


I would use very little.


Good Luck!
Try some baby soap/shampoo that doesn't burn the eyes.
yaa believe me it doesn't matter.... they just say that for you to buy their productss soooo yaa dont pay ANY attention to them.
No, it is better not to. Animal formulas are different.
no. use dog shampoos.
yes i have 4 dogs and i use it on them
yeah its fine thats what i do
  • wrinkles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment