Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I check sealed containers (shampoo, etc) on an airplane?

I'll be making a long trip overseas, and was wondering if sealed containers of shampoo and conditioners will leak/implode from being checked as luggage in the cargo bay of an airplane. I've heard that loosening the caps might help this. Does anyone know if this is true? Will my sealed containers be okay on the plane? Any advice on how to prevent this? Thanks!Can I check sealed containers (shampoo, etc) on an airplane?
I always put all of my bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, that kind of stuff in a ziplock bag. That way if one does pop open, you only have a few bottles to rinse off. Bring an extra ziplock bag just in case one does, and you'll have a clean one for on the way home.





Have a safe and fun-filled trip!Can I check sealed containers (shampoo, etc) on an airplane?
yeah - you can check them but I always put them in a zip lock bag because sometimes they do ooze and leak. Slightly loosening the caps can help since the air in the bottle will expand. Also, make sure the bottles are not completely full (3/4 full is better since it allows some space inside the bottle for expansion under pressure). Anything that you carry on board will be okay because the passenger cabin is pressurized. Bon Voyage
YEAH IT TRUED.. I TRAVELED LOTS.. IT ONLY HAPPENED ONCE.. BUT I ALWAYS PUT THEM IN A SEPARATE BAG SO THAT'LL HELP.. I TRAVEL LIGHT SO I USUALLY CHECK IN MY CARRYON BAG.. I GUESS 2 MANY LUGGAGES WERE ON TOP OF MINE N MADE MY LOTION BOTTLE CRACKED IN HALF..
Hi, your sealed containers will be perfectly alright on flight. There is no likely chance of leak or imploding unless your aircraft had suffered an in-flight emergency that resulted in rapid de-compression. Otherwise, they will be fine.





if you are worried about possible leaks, just place the liquid/cream containers in separate plastic bags and this should protect your other belongings.
I have never had any problem with sealed containers. do not loosen the caps.


I do put them in ziplock bags. but I haven't had anything leak yet.
I've never had a problem with shampoo or conditioner (or any other product) leaking or imploding after I've checked it as luggage. However, if you're concerned about this happening, just put your bottles in plastic zip-loc baggies. Problem solved!
put them in seperate plastic bags

No comments:

Post a Comment